Rules for photo and/or film recordings
- Authorisation is always required to make images (photo and/or film) of our vehicles (metro, tram, bus), the STIB/MIVB personnel, or the installations (stations, stops, entrances and exits, ticketing machines, kiosks, passageways, buildings, logos, etc.).
- A request must be submitted in writing (via e-mail), no less than 10 working days ahead of time, to the communication service (contact information below). Please keep in mind that processing a request for large productions may take more time. Journalists can immediately contact our spokespersons.
- A request must always contain the following information:
- Date and exact time of the recording
- Exact place of the recording (station or stop, in which vehicle, where in the vehicle, etc.).
- Detailed scenario with emphasis on the scenes that have to do with the STIB/MIVB
- Organisation behind the recording: school, production house, etc.
- Reason for recording: film, advertisement, report, etc.
- Number of persons present at the recording
- Where and when the images will be shown
- There must always be a positive link with public transport in general and the STIB/MIVB in particular. Recordings that can damage the image of the STIB/MIVB and/or its employees are not permitted. Recordings that may give the passengers a feeling of unease will also be refused.
- During recording, the safety and comfort of the passengers must always be respected. Passengers and personnel may never be inconvenienced by the recordings, nor by the images that are shown later.
- The scenario must always be in accordance with the general rules of the STIB/MIVB.
- In order to grant definitive authorisation, the STIB/MIVB must have a copy of the identity cards of all persons that are present at the recordings. The STIB/MIVB has the right to deny persons access, without having to justify this.
- STIB/MIVB passengers and employees may never be recognisable in the images, unless with the express and written consent of each person that is recognisably portrayed.
Small and brief recordings that cause no inconvenience to the passengers and/or the personnel may, after being granted authorisation, take place during the normal course of services. For more specific and larger projects, or when there is inconvenience for the passengers and/or employees, the STIB/MIVB may suggest a customised solution, for instance by renting a vehicle.
The STIB/MIVB evaluates each project individually and confirms whether or not additional costs will be charged for additional security, accompaniment, vehicle rental, etc.
Right to deny access
The STIB/MIVB always has the right to deny access for a recording if a recording does not fit within the image of the STIB/MIVB or when the safety and/or comfort of the passengers can be jeopardised. The STIB/MIVB is not obliged to justify this to the applicant.
Request for authorisation
Please send your request for authorisation for film recordings, photographs or all other projects to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us in this way for any questions or more information related to these authorisations.
We wish you every success for all your future projects.