On Saturday 29 September, line 94 will be extended until the metro station Roodebeek and will become line 8 on this occasion!
This new tram line, which runs almost completely on a dedicated route with low-floor trams, connects the metro station Louise/Louiza to the metro station Roodebeek, via the avenue Louise/Louizalaan, the ULB, the Boondael and Boitsfort train stations, the station Herrmann-Debroux and the Musée du Tram/Trammuseum.
From now on bus 42 runs between the stops Viaduc E40/Viaduct E40 and Roodebeek. The new tram line 8 operates the stops Voot and Musée du Tram/Trammuseum and the new stops Parc des Sources/Bronnenpark (replacing the stop Fabry) and Woluwe Shopping.
The municipalities of Berchem-Sainte-Agathe/Sint-Agatha-Berchem and Koekelberg do not have many direct connections to the Tour & Taxis site and Gare du Nord/Noordstation. In order to improve this situation, bus line 20 has been extended from the station Étangs Noirs/Zwarte Vijvers to Gare du Nord/Noordstation, via the metro station Ribaucourt, Tour et Taxis/Thurn en Taxis and the WTC.
As of now line 20 operates the following stops:
- Étangs Noirs/Zwarte Vijvers: the current terminus is operated by the buses towards Gare du Nord/Noordstation. The buses towards Hunderenveld operate the De Lijn stop of bus 129 towards Dilbeek Zuurweide.
- Merchtem: the stops of the buses 89 and De Lijn 129
- Ribaucourt: towards Hunderenveld, the bus 89 stop towards Westland Shopping, towards Gare du Nord/Noordstation, the stop of tram 51 towards Van Haelen
- Avenue du Port/Havenlaan: the bus 14 stops
- Tour et Taxis/Thurn en Taxis: the bus 14 stops
- Willebroek: the stops of the buses 14, 57 and 88
- WTC: the stops of the buses 14, 57 and 88 - Gare du Nord/Noordstation: the bus 14 stops and the terminus of bus 61