Where can I reload my MOBIB card?
You can choose:
- Go Easy;
- one of the 340 GO vending machines;
- one of the 14 KIOSK;
- one of the 6 BOOTIK;
- one of the SHOP (official sales outlets).
You can find a list with the sales outlets (GO, KIOSK, BOOTIK or SHOP) on the page Sales outlets.
Correct fare at a Go vending machine?
We create a profile based on the situation we know (age, (valid) certificates, family composition, etc.). The fares are adapted according to the profiles.
On our GO and GO Easy, our online sales platform, you will always find a season ticket / fare matching your profile.
In the meantime, if your profile changes and you are:
- A school subscriber: upload your school certificate via school.stib.be or bring it to a KIOSK or BOOTIK.
- PRRB/OMNIO: please, bring your health insurance certificate to a BOOTIK.
If your family composition changes, please load your new composition via school.stib.be or bring it to a BOOTIK.
Can I get a receipt?
Yes it is possible. If you reload your MOBIB card in a BOOTIK, GO or KIOSK, you can always ask for a payment and receipt confirmation. You can also ask for a payment confirmation on MyBOOTIK.
How long does it take?
If your MOBIB card is reloaded via a GO, KIOSK, BOOTIK or SHOP, the ordered transport ticket will immediately be loaded on your MOBIB card.
If you ordered your transport ticket on the internet, you will have to wait maximum 4 business days before the ordered transport ticket is loaded on your card. Next, to activate your transport ticket, you need to validate it in a metro station or place your card on the card reader of a GO vending machine.
How long are the loaded tickets valid?
The contracts stay valid until all journeys of the contract are used or until the expiry date of the season ticket contract has passed. The journey contract stays valid for 3 years, from the day of purchase of the contract.
Can I print the data of my card?
You can consult the data on your card at any time via the 'info' button on the validator, via a GO vending machine, at a sales outlet of a KIOSK or BOOTIK or on MyBOOTIK (for now, only season tickets).
'Info' button on the MOBIB validator:
It is however impossible to print this data.
- Why does my MOBIB card not mention the remaining journeys or the expiry date of my season ticket? And how can I see this?
The MOBIB card is an electronic chip card which is valid for 5 years. Therefore, it is impossible to show the validity of your transport ticket on your MOBIB card.
To know the balance of your MOBIB card or the expiry date of your season ticket, you have two options.
- Use the GO vending machines. Place the card on the holder of the machine. Your card balance appears on the screen. If several transport tickets have been loaded on your card, the balance appears for each transport ticket.
- Use the MOBIB validators. Press the 'Info' button on the validator. The machine will make a bip. Hold your MOBIB card in front of the validator on the |o| sign. Your card balance appears on the screen. If several transport tickets have been loaded on your card, the balance appears for each transport ticket.
When you validate a transport ticket with a MOBIB validator, the balance of the validated transport ticket will also appear on the screen.
'Info' button on a MOBIB validator:
How many tickets can be loaded?
In total, a maximum of 8 transport tickets can be loaded on the card simultaneously.