My MOBIB card does not work?
If your MOBIB or MOBIB Basic card does not work, please go as soon as possible to one of the 6 BOOTIK or one of our KIOSK. BOOTIK
- In case of a technical failure (no exterior damage) of the MOBIB or MOBIB Basic card during the first 5 years of the use, STIB commits to replace the card at no cost for the beneficiary. The content of the old card is transferred to the new card.
- If you damage your (nominative) MOBIB card due to a use that does not correspond to the recommendations or due to negligence, the customer service will only be performed in a BOOTIK. In this case, STIB commits to deliver a new card at the beneficiary's cost in the form of a duplicate (based on the applicable tariffs at that date).
What does STIB do with my data?
To manage the season tickets and the control of the journeys, STIB collects and processes some of your personal data. Within this framework of processing, STIB commits to respect your privacy.
Indeed, this data is processed in accordance with the declarations to the Commission for the protection of privacy. The data subsequently anonymized or coded to allow STIB to make statistical analyses in order to improve the transport offer. The personal data are completely removed after the deadlines imposed by the aforementioned Commission. STIB does neither profile on name nor analyse the journeys of one person in particular.
The serveral validation data STIB has access to are by no means communicated to third parties, except in some rare cases where it is required by law, e.g. upon court order.
In case of season tickets combined with other transport companies (SNCB, TEC, De Lijn, etc.), STIB forwards the signalisation data its partners need. Upon purchase of such season tickets, you will be properly informed about the transmitted data.
Every form of processing is transmitted to a limited inventory sent to the Commission for the protection of privacy. Any other type of processing or communication is forbidden. Any STIB agent who violates this restriction will be sanctioned.
For more information on processing, please refer to the Customer Care service of STIB or directly to the Commission for the protection of privacy by consulting the register on the web site www.privacycommission.be.
The balance of my MOBIB card?
To know the balance of your MOBIB card or the expiry date of your season ticket, you have three options.
- Use the GO vending machines. Place the card on the holder of the machine. Your card balance appears on the screen. If several transport tickets have been loaded on your card, the balance appears for each transport ticket.
- Use the MOBIB validator Press the 'info' button on the validator. The machine will make a bip. Hold your MOBIB card in front of the validator on the |o| sign. Your card balance appears on the screen. If several transport tickets have been loaded on your card, the balance appears for each transport ticket.
When you validate a transport ticket with a MOBIB validator, the balance of the validated transport ticket will also appear on the screen.
- Use GO EASY. Log in on Express Purchase or MyBOOTIK. Your season ticket details will appear.