Responsibility and commitment
STIB has adopted an organisational and working model allowing it to guarantee its services effectiveness and to better address the present and future challenges.
This governance relies on an organisational structure consisting of a first level of 5 divisions reporting to Senior Vice Presidents. The divisions represent key areas of success specific to STIB:
- "Operations" adopts the role of operator and advisor for network development.
- "Transport Systems" brings all the technical and IT functions together.
- "Sales, Marketing & Network" defines and promotes the transport services in order to enhance customer service.
- "Finance & Services" provides budget management, logistic support and legal expertise.
- "Human Resources" defines and implements the recruitment strategy and promotes continuous improvement in employees' work.
The five Senior Vice Presidents and the General management are represented on the Executive Committee, which is competent to make strategic decisions on corporate level. This approach has been introduced within the Divisions where the decision-making body is the Management Committee.
STIB also has the following management bodies:
- The Management Committee has executive powers within the company's management. Permanent staff representatives have an advisory role.
- The Board of Directors is entrusted with adopting the company's budget and concluding the management contract with the regional government, as well as approving collective bargaining agreements negotiated by the CEO. It is composed of 19 members appointed by the regional government of the Brussels-Capital Region. The Board of Directors also includes government officials and representatives from Brussels municipalities. Permanent staff representatives have an advisory role.